- Area golfers qualify for state OTTUMWA — Albia's Cassie Crall and Oskaloosa's Kathryn Wilson both earned berths to their state golf tournaments at their regionals Monday. Crall shot a 93 and tied for fourth in a Class 3A Lakeview Golf and Country Club in Chariton. "We are thrilled
- Big weekend of action on tap Hello race fans and welcome to another edition of The Pit Stop. This weekend is the first holiday weekend during the racing season and with it brings some great racing action. The Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa kicks off the week of racing tomor
- Albia 4x400 becomes first boys state track champ; CV's Busch defends 800 title DES MOINES - It had probably never been said before. Or at least, it hadn't held up as remaining true to the end. But as he watched teammate Alex Schultz race down the backstretch of Drake Stadium with a big lead on the rest of the field on the final
- Saturday's State Track and Field Results TRACK STATE FINALS Girls Sprint Medley Finals 2A - EBF (Sadie Baugher, McKinley Moore, Tasha Alexander, Karlie Taylor) (Finished seventh in a time of 1:53.37). 3A - Fairfield (McKenzie McClure, Erin Thompson, Cierra Bielinski, Jessica Lamb) (Finished
Tri-County pulls away late from Keota
Tri-County Trojans and Keota traded the lead seven times on Monday, but the Trojans ended up on top with a 9-4 win to open the baseball season in South Iowa Cedar League play.
- Ottumwa junior varsity team crushes Albia The Ottumwa red junior varsity softball team crushed Albia in a doubleheader Monday, blanking the Blue Demons 21-0 in game one and 21-2 in the nightcap. Ottumwa only needed three innings to win the first game and four to emerge victorious in the seco
- Gonzalez's second-half goal lifts Ottumwa to win
Comets outslug New London to open baseball season
Brennon Elder had a huge blast to get Cardinal's baseball season off to a thrilling start against Southeast Iowa Superconference south rival New London on Monday.
Sigourney softball wins opener at English Valleys
The Sigourney softball season, fresh off a very successful season, got what could be an even better year off to a winning start in South Iowa Cedar League action Monday.
- Dostal takes first, Bulldogs qualify for state CEDAR RAPIDS — Going into Class 5A regionals Monday, Whitney Dostal was in the midst of what had already been an uber-successful season brimming with accomplishments. But at regionals, the junior linkster's season reached its apex, as Dostal posted t
- More Sports Headlines