FORT DODGE —
2012 Iowa High School State Softball Tournament
At Harlan Rogers Park, Fort Dodge
(Stats through end of regular season)
OTTUMWA VS. MARSHALLTOWN
Iowa State Class 5A Softball Consolation
TIME AND PLACE: Noon today at the Dodger Diamond
Season Record: 34-9 overall, finished 2nd in CIML Metro Conference with a 16-4 record.
Regional Final: Defeated Waukee, 5-4.
Final IGHSAU Ranking: 8th
State Playoff Appearances: 26
Last Time At State: 2010, fourth place.
Mandi Moore (JR), 19-6 record, 2.64 ERA.
Brittni Vogt, (JR) , 14-2 record, 2.06 ERA.
Batting: Sammy Garrett (JR) .518, Katie Sammons (JR) .452, Olivia Roark (JR) .442.
RBI: Sammons (JR) 51, Paige Schreiner (SR) 43, Roark (JR) 25.
Home Runs: Sammons (JR) 8, Garrett (JR) 5, Schreiner (JR) 5.
Runs Scored: Garrett (JR) 69, Roark (JR) 45, Sammons (JR) 35.
Key Fact: Ottumwa swept Marshalltown 13-1, 3-2 on the road earlier this season.
Season Record: 21-22 overall, finished fifth in CIML Iowa with a 7-13 record.
Regional Final: Defeated Burlington, 10-6.
Final IGHSAU Ranking: unranked
Total State Playoff Appearances: First appearance
Last Time At State: Never
Taylor Vaske, (SR) 14-10 record, 2.30 ERA.
Lauren Mazour(JR) 7-11 record, 2.14 ERA.
Batting: Taylor Wagner (JR) .459, Madi Bellile (JR) .328, Cassidy Blackford (FR) .319.
RBI: Wagner (JR) 26, Mazour (JR) 16,, Blackford (FR) 16.
Home Runs: Wagner( JR) 5, Mazour (JR) 2, Blackford (FR) 1, Kaley Mead (FR) 1.
Runs Scored: Wagner(JR) 36, Bellile (JR) 18, Quinn Goodman (JR) 18.
Key Fact: Swept by Ottumwa earlier in season.
FORT DODGE —
- Tri-County pulls away late THORNBURG -- Tri-County Trojans and Keota traded the lead seven times on Monday, but the Trojans ended up on top with a 9-4 win to open the baseball season in South Iowa Cedar League play. Tri-County took the lead in the fifth inning and held on for
- Mustangs finish off season at state pentathlon WASHINGTON -- Josh Husted was a tired, but very happy head coach just a few days ago. He had just spent a busy three days watching several of his Davis County girls track and field athletes compete for championships, both of the individual and team v
- Ottumwa crushes Albia The Ottumwa red junior varsity softball team crushed Albia in a doubleheader Monday, blanking the Blue Demons 21-0 in game one and 21-2 in the nightcap. Ottumwa only needed three innings to win the first game and four to emerge victorious in the seco
Lady Dees edge Knoxville in thrilling softball season opener
It doesn't take much to get Mitch Chance fired up.
- Ottumwa girls lose to powerful Ankeny
- Ottumwa opens against champs OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa Bulldog baseball team will try to get the John Jaeger era started on a positive note today when the boys take on defending state champion Ankeny in a doubleheader starting at 5 p.m. at Legion Memorial Field. The boys had an up-
Pekin softball falls in season opener at Wapello
The Pekin softball team dropped a tough opening game to a Southeast Iowa Superconference north division rival with one game under their belt.
- Davis County youth track meet set The third annual Davis County youth track meet for ages seven through 18 will take place June 1 at Davis County High School. The meet will feature events like the 100-meter dash, the 200-meter dash, hurdle events and more. The cost is $5 per athlete
- Area golfers qualify for state OTTUMWA — Albia's Cassie Crall and Oskaloosa's Kathryn Wilson both earned berths to their state golf tournaments at their regionals Monday. Crall shot a 93 and tied for fourth in a Class 3A Lakeview Golf and Country Club in Chariton. "We are thrilled
- Big weekend of action on tap Hello race fans and welcome to another edition of The Pit Stop. This weekend is the first holiday weekend during the racing season and with it brings some great racing action. The Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa kicks off the week of racing tomor
- More Sports Headlines