- Local News
Mercy Medical Center enters Ottumwa market
OTTUMWA -- Ottumwa Internal Medicine North and Ottumwa Family Practice and Specialties clinics announced today they have signed a Letter of Intent to join Mercy Clinics, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines and a member of Mercy Health Network.
- Van Buren schools welcomes new superintendent KEOSAUQUA — Dr. Pam Ewell has been named Van Buren Community School District’s superintendent. Ewell is currently Mount Vernon superintendent, a position she has held since 2009. Ewell graduated from Iowa State University in 1982 and received her Ph.
Kids to be protected by 10-ton slabs of cement
ELDON — One tornado in the district was enough to convince school board members that children required further defense against bad weather. "It was 12 years ago that a tornado struck our district [in Agency], killing two people," said Joel Pedersen,
- 90th Street closed until 2014 OTTUMWA — Not only is 90th Street closed for this summer, it's also closed until the summer of 2014. Wapello County Engineer Brian Moore said Wednesday that the road will be closed for a year while Moore and his team work on the road's design. "There
Iowa Supreme Court rejects appeal
DES MOINES – The Iowa Supreme Court has rejected an appeal bid by a Wapello County man previously found to be a sexually violent predator. Cory Blake West was convicted of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse in 2008. He was sentenced to four y
- Remote testimony likely in Ward trial OTTUMWA – Attorneys for former Ottumwa Transit Administration director Pam Ward say they anticipate calling a witness who won't be in the courtroom, and prosecutors say they have no objections. Court documents filed in the case show the defense wants
Teleconference testimony appears likely in Ward case
OTTUMWA – Attorneys for former Ottumwa Transit Administration director Pam Ward say they anticipate calling a witness who won't be in the courtroom, and prosecutors say they have no objections. Court documents filed in the case show the defense wants to call Pat Piras, owner of
Classrooms will look different with the Legacy Foundation grant
OTTUMWA — What does a classroom look like after school leaders get a check for a million dollars? Ottumwans are about to find out. "Our vision with this gift is to see a lot more access for students," said Ottumwa schools Superintendent Davis Eidahl.
- On Tap Wednesday College Golf Indian Hills at NJCAA Division I National Championship (Lubbock, Texas), 7:30 a.m. Girls Golf Ottumwa at CIML Metro Conference Meet (Des Moines), 9 a.m. Boys Tennis Des Moines Roosevelt at Ottumwa, 2:30 p.m.
Johnson selected as new Ottumwa principal
OTTUMWA -- A new school administrator with more than 20 years of elementary experience will lead an Ottumwa elementary school next year.
- More Local News Headlines
- Mercy Medical Center enters Ottumwa market