Has “Communist America” gone “crazy?”
I have a confession to make. As a lad ... I took guns ... in my car ... to high school. (GASP!) The guns were a pistol, rifle and shotgun ... all semi-automatics ... today they’d be called “assault weapons.” (YIKES!) And, so did many of my friends. (SHRIEK!) And, AND ... no one cared. (HUH???!!!)
Like many kids my age, I had a trapline and loved to hunt. In the mornings I’d run my traps ... going home I’d stop to hunt. No one was concerned ... because back then the words “school” and “shooting” were never used in the same sentence. Back then ... America had not yet lost its mind. Back then ... crazy people were openly labeled as “crazy” ... and dealt with accordingly. Back then ... we didn’t have a politically correct mental heath industry trying to convince us that being crazy ... was just like any other disease. (I don’t recall sleeping with one eye open ... after hearing that my neighbor had just been diagnosed with diabetes.)
Obama has a close friend and advisor by the name of Rahm Emmanuel. Rahm’s most famous quote is: “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” As Obama was shedding crocodile tears over the insane Connecticut school shooting ... his heart was gleefully racing over the opportunities offered by this very real, INSANE, crisis.
Obama, Democrats and the mainstream media are taking full advantage of this “perfect storm” ... to drop the hammer on all American gun owners. Like all good Communists ... they fear and despise an armed citizenry. It is just that simple!
And, until America returns to its once-sane state ... arming teachers is the only answer to slowing the school shooting phenomena. Welcome to today’s America ... like it or not ... it is indeed ... just that simple!
Has “Communist America” gone “crazy?”
- Letters to the Editor
- Youth Field Day a great success Youth Field Day a great success We would like to express thanks on behalf of the 154 students and their parents for the efforts put forth by the various groups and individuals who sponsored the Youth Field Day events held at the Izaak Walton League
- Proud of Bridge View Center This past weekend, educators from around the state of Iowa and the Northwest Regional Director from Canada attended a convention held at the Bridge View Center. The women educators were members of Delta Kappa Gamma, an international society that prom
- No respect offered at funeral No respect for a deaf man at his mother's funeral. My friend didn't know what was going on in regards to his mother's funeral. He thought the hearse would take his mother to the cemetery. I told him no, cremation was the plan. His relatives did not a
- Thankful for excellent educators Editor's note: The following includes excerpts from a 1981 retirement for Alice Lee. While strolling by the shores of the Des Moines River, I ran into an interesting group. Now, you must understand that this wasn't the normal family group you often
- Don't bury your head like an ostrich Don't bury your head like an ostrich History teaches us about human nature. We learn from reading others' experiences through books, magazines, letters and photos. It allows us a treasured glimpse into the soul of man. Usually, we see the good in o
- A rush through paradise In last week's "Mini Page," the article headlined "Experience Gravity," it mentioned Isaac Newton and his apple. Now if this apple had fallen through a hole and another apple at the same time and same altitude in say, China, with equal force, fell th
- Ottumwa is an amazing community Ottumwa is an amazing community Ladies and gentlemen of Ottumwa … THIS is what you are. After completing my military career, I moved my wife and four small children to Ottumwa. After spending my life traveling and moving all over the world, I now
- Lemonade stand unfairly targeted Recently, my kids and their friends wanted to have a lemonade stand at our home on North Court Street. This is something we do very often and have for the last five years since we moved here. A police officer showed up informing us that someone had c
- No Headline Provided Kudos to whoever hired the camp hosts (Mary and Rich) for Ottumwa Park. They made us feel welcome from the moment we pulled in. You can tell they are very hard workers and take pride in what they do. The entire park was very clean, and the showers st
- American is more than its economy America is more than its economy America is strong, unique and a one-of-a-kind nation. It's because of our freedoms that people from all over the world seek to come HERE. America is the greatest county the world has ever seen. It is not perfect, but
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines