Nutrition from the ground up
National Nutrition Month offers opportunity for renewed focus on healthy diets.
In the kitchen with Mary Ann Reiter
Fresh-baked means preparations ahead of time for Ottumwa cook
- Baking a friendship
- Eastern cook ‘adapts’ recipes when beaches are not available to pick up clams
- Bowersox serving up the food at Bloomfield Senior Center
- In the kitchen with Kimi OTTUMWA — Just because you don’t like tomatoes doesn’t mean you can’t do some great canning. “I love to cook. That’s my favorite thing to do,” said Kimi Hull of Ottumwa. This summer, she’s become known for her generosity with jar after jar of salsa, and giving lots of garden-grown tomatoes to friends and family.
- Family is a ‘Handy’ ingredient OTTUMWA — Beatrice “Bea” Handy cooks for one reason only — Family. “One chief ingredient you can’t buy is love,” she said.
- Nutrition from the ground up