Ottumwa Community Players finalized their 2012 season with an awards banquet recently. Awards were given for acting and technical roles from last season. Shows from the 2012 season included: “Those Crazy Ladies in the House on the Corner,” “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying,” and “On Golden Pond.”
• Best Actor in a Lead Role — Roy Belzer for “How To Succeed.” Other nominees included: Jim Clingman and Bill Hornback.
• Best Actress in a Lead Role — Natalie Saunders for “How To Succeed.” Other nominees included: Megan Bell and Barbara Kiple.
• Best Actor in a Supporting Role — Daniel Burgess for “Those Crazy Ladies.” Other nominees included: Dennis Durst, Marc Lay and Jeff Leonard.
• Best Actress in a Supporting Role — Miriam Kenning for “How To Succeed.” Other nominees included: Marilyn Copeland, Becky Ingle, Elizabeth Kimmel and Linda Ostrander.
• Most Memorable Actor and Actress awards were presented to Crystal James for “How To Succeed” and to Kendal Durst for “On Golden Pond.”
• Bill Allen was named director of the year.
• Sally Sharp was presented with the choreography award
• Best set design honors went to Bob Swanson.
• “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying” was named Favorite Show of the Year.
The 2013 season includes “The Producers,” directed by Jeff Leonard, to be presented at Bridge View Feb 22-24; a summer production of “Life With Father,” directed by Alice Richardson; and Bill Hornback will direct the November production of “Arsenic and Old Lace.”
For more information about the OCP, go to the organization’s Facebook page or contact Becky Ingle at 641-226-1523.