- Old school, new job Douma will soon serve new students OTTUMWA — In order for the brand-new school to do its job, an old school needs to do a new job. The nearly completed Liberty Elementary School on Ottumwa’s south side has been built to replace three aging schools in the area. But even at 100,000 squa
- Police talking to supsect in threat Fairfield school had been locked down FAIRFIELD – A police investigator says kids were never in danger after a recent bomb scare. And they are talking to a suspect now. According to a release from the Fairfield Police Department, the Tuesday bomb threat at Fairfield Middle School “has be
- Lifting barricade could ease traffic congestion OTTUMWA — Traffic congestion before and after school at Evans could soon be unblocked. The City Council discussed five recommendations from the Ottumwa Public Safety Advisory Board at its meeting Tuesday night, one concerning traffic jams outside the
- Bomb threat locks down Fairfield school FAIRFIELD -- A threat found at school was serious enough to get the authorities involved. On Tuesday, the Fairfield Police Department was advised of a bomb threat discovered in the girls' bathroom at Fairfield Middle School. Police requested an exp
Could enrollment resume at Job Corps?
OTTUMWA -- The U.S. Department of Labor hasn't been saying much, but officials from Iowa are hopeful that actions speak louder than words. There has been a freeze of enrollment at Job Corps centers across the nation, including one of the newest sites
SLIDESHOW: All City Concert
The annual All City Concert for students in fourth through eighth grades was held Friday night at Evans Middle School.
Job Corps declared StormReady
Ottumwa's Job Corps site is one of a handful of locations in Iowa that have been declared StormReady by the National Weather Service.
Teacher never gives up on students facing challenges
ELDON — You may not care about whether you go to school. But Ms. Kildow cares, and she will find you. Cardinal school district’s “Vision Alternative High School” teacher Heidi Kildow was just named Educator of the Year by the Iowa Association for Alt
Knoxville educator is Mid Level Principal of the Year
Brian McNeill, principal of Knoxville Middle School, has been named the 2013 Iowa Middle Level Principal of the Year by the School Administrators of Iowa.
- No Headline Provided Today Area Eldon Cardinal Community School District work session/classroom visits, 11:45 a.m. Keosauqua Van Buren County Conservation board meeting, 6:30 p.m., Van Buren Co. Conservation Office, 816 Franklin St. Ottumwa SIEDA Board of Directors
- More Education Headlines