Faculty members from schools all over the country are going viral! Thanks to some sneaky teachers, great dance moves and YouTube, we can showcase the best of their boogying down.
- Community News Network
Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
Shayla Taylor was so far along in labor that her nurses at Moore Medical Center decided not to move her when Monday's tornado hit. They waited out the storm in an operating room, where the wall disappeared as the tornado hit the building.
TIMELAPSE: Take a tour through the damage in Moore
Take a driving tour of the damage in Moore caused by Monday's tornado.
Mayor wants tornado shelters in new homes
Moore Mayor Glenn Lewis wants tornado shelters in all new homes in his city, where an EF-5 tornado damaged or destroyed more than 12,500 homes Monday afternoon. A proposed ordinance would require a shelter inside or outside each new residence.
AUDIO: Residents share their tornado experiences
Moore, Okla., residents talk about living through Monday's EF-5 tornado.
In fan fiction, your favorite characters do what you want them to
When J.J. Abrams took over the "Star Trek" franchise in 2009, he boldly went where the series hadn't gone before — romantically — pairing Uhura with Spock. Many fans disliked the change. Some loved it. Others didn't care, because they just wanted to see Kirk and Spock make out.
VIDEO: Orlando shootout tied to Boston bomb suspect
The FBI says it was involved in a fatal shooting near Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla. CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports that the victim was a friend of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older brother suspected in the Boston Marathon bombing.
Okla. officials vow not to quit looking until everyone is found
The tornado that killed 24 people and injured at least 100 others in the Moore and Oklahoma City area cut a 17-mile-long path that started in Newcastle and ended at Lake Stanley Draper. Nine of the dead are children.
- Meetings Today Eddyville Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont school board, 4 p.m., meeting to present 2013-14 initial proposal to Laborers Local 353.
- Agency Alumni Banquet set for June 8 OTTUMWA - The 130th Agency High School Alumni Banquet will be held June 8 at the Hotel Ottumwa. Social hour begins at 5:30 p.m. with dinner and program to follow. Honored guests will be the classes of 1938, 1943, 1948, 1953 and 1958. Tickets are $19
- Calendar Groups wanting to be included in the Calendar must submit the item every time the group meets, at least three days in advance of the meeting. Send information to Calendar, Newsroom, Ottumwa Courier, 213 E. Second St., Ottumwa 52501 or send email to n
- More Community News Network Headlines
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck